Wednesday, October 28, 2015

14,610 Sunrises



I've wasted too much time living for myself over the last 40 years (14,610 sunrises). Time wasted in seeking my own pleasure or striving to make my own name great. As I prepare to celebrate my 40th birthday in less than two weeks and look ahead to the days and years ahead, I hope that the following resolutions are true of my life. Resolved, 

may I live faithfully for the Lord in the God-given passion and life goal to build up the church's next generation through teaching the Word, leading in the church, and discipling/mentoring men;

may I be a more dedicated student of Scripture and pray-er;

may I faithfully live as a devoted husband and dad, leading my family as Scripture commands;

may I be a better friend;

may I diligently work in the vocation that I have been called;

may I boast in the Lord and not myself;

may I hold loosely to things of this world and set my heart on eternity, where moth and rust do not destroy;

may I steward time wisely, knowing that life is a vapor. 

I have so much to be thankful for in the last 40 years. I stand amazed that the Lord has used me as He has and for His abundant blessings in my life.  

Teach me O Lord to number my days that I may gain a heart of wisdom. (Psalm 90:12)


"Let us be banded together as one man; let us contend earnestly for the faith once delivered to the saints; let us pray with fervor, let us live in holiness, let us preach constantly, and preach with fire, and let us so live, that we may impress our age, and leave our footprints on the sands of time."
 - Charles Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment